2013 Tax Rates
Real Property $22.55 per thousand
Vacant Residential Land $16.07 per thousand
Motor Vehicles $19.02 per thousand
Tangible Property $33.85 per thousand
Residential Homestead Exemption 14%
PLEASE NOTE - REVALUATION DATE WAS 12/31/2010
The Tax Assessor, Charlene Randall, can be reached at (401) 392-3800 x104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Assessor's Clerk & 911 Coordinator, Kay Blackwell, can be reached at (401) 392-3800 x103 or at email@example.com.
For your assessment CLICK HERE
True and Exact Account - RIGL 44-5-15: This FORM must be filed with the assessor between January 1 and January 31, 2014.
- For real estate appeal forms CLICK HERE Appeal forms will be accepted beginning August 31st. Taxpayers have 90 days from the first quarter payment date to file their appeal form.
- For motor vehicle appeal forms CLICK HERE Appeal forms are due to the assessor within 30 days of the bills being mailed. The bills were mailed July 8th and the forms are due in the assessor's office no later than August 7th.
Notices & Information:
- Homes for sale in West Greenwich RILiving.com
- Business Properties for sale Click RI Site Locator
- The following link to the Rhode Island Registry of Motor Vehicles website can be used to change your address, renew registrations, etc.: http://www.dmv.ri.gov/
Motor Vehicle Information:
- Please note the 2013 motor vehicle bills represent vehicles registered between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
- If you sold, scrapped, traded in or totaled a car but did not turn in the plate, you will continue to receive a tax bill on that plate in accordance with RI General Law 44-34-2.
- The State Vehicle Value Commission is responsible for placing value on the motor vehicles, not the town.
- Within the law regarding pricing of motor vehicles there is a depreciation table that is applied to cars. That is what determines the 'hold harmless' portion of your tax bill.
- The State Vehicle Value Commission uses NADA to value motor vehicles. Click the link below for an explanation as to why NADA values have risen on used vehicles in the last few years. When Will Used Supply Stop Falling
Click HERE for the full report.
PLAT MAPS as of 4/30/2012 - Click on the link below
If there is no zoning map, the zone for the entire map is RFR2.