2017 Tax Rates
Real Property $22.55 per thousand
Vacant Residential Land $16.07 per thousand
Motor Vehicles $19.02 per thousand
Tangible Property $33.85 per thousand
Residential Homestead Exemption 22%
Tax Sale - July 18, 2017 at 10 am - 280 Victory Highway
Taxpayer Location Plat/Lot
Deutsch Bank 543 Plain Meetinghouse Rd 33/21
Mastors, Gregory G Hopkins Hill Rd 59/16
Moreau, Martha A 61 Hammitt View Dr 19/1/11
Siniscalchi, Jason 15 Pequot Trail 41/52
The Tax Assessor, Charlene Randall, can be reached at (401) 392-3800 x104 or at email@example.com
The Tax Assistant, Barbara Sweet, can be reached at (401) 392-3800 x105 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your assessment CLICK HERE
True and Exact Account - RIGL 44-5-15: This FORM must be filed with the assessor between January 1 and January 31, 2016.
- For real estate appeal forms CLICK HERE Appeal forms will be accepted beginning August 31st. Taxpayers have 90 days from the first quarter payment date to file their appeal form. Real Estate appeal forms can be accepted between August 31st and November 29th.
- For motor vehicle appeal forms CLICK HERE Appeal forms are due to the assessor within 45 days of the bills being mailed. Motor Vehicle appeals can be accepted from July 11th through August 25th.
Notices & Information:
- Homes for sale in West Greenwich RILiving.com
- Business Properties for sale Click RI Site Locator
- The following link to the Rhode Island Registry of Motor Vehicles website can be used to change your address, renew registrations, etc.: http://www.dmv.ri.gov/
Motor Vehicle Information:
- Please note the 2016 motor vehicle bills represent vehicles registered between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- If you sold, scrapped, traded in or totaled a car but did not turn in the plate, you will continue to receive a tax bill on that plate in accordance with RI General Law 44-34-2.
- The State Vehicle Value Commission is responsible for placing value on the motor vehicles, not the town.
- Within the law regarding pricing of motor vehicles there is a depreciation table that is applied to cars. That is what determines the 'hold harmless' portion of your tax bill.
- The State Vehicle Value Commission uses NADA to value motor vehicles. Click the link below for an explanation as to why NADA values have risen on used vehicles in the last few years. When Will Used Supply Stop Falling
Click HERE for the full report.
PLAT MAPS as of 4/30/2012 - Click on the link below
If there is no zoning map, the zone for the entire map is RFR2.