What are frozen or stabilized taxes?

The elderly exemption (also known as frozen or stabilized) is available to all property owning town residents who are 65 years old and have lived in town for a minimum of seven (7) years. Those residents that qualify need to file an application with the Tax Assessor’s office the year they turn sixty-five (65). A continuance form will be mailed out each February and must be returned to the Assessor’s office.

  • Click here for a copy of the ordinance
  • Click here for a copy of an application