This webpage will be updated with information as this important update process takes place.
The Comprehensive Plan is a long range policy guiding document, generally spanning the next 20 years of build-out for our Town. The new plan will address the following topics: Land Use, Natural Resources, Historic and Cultural Resources, Agriculture, Housing, Economic Development, Services and Facilities, Energy, Water Supply, Natural Hazards and Climate Change, and Transportation.
Documents and Links applicable to the West Greenwich Comprehensive Plan Update:
- How is our Population Changing?
- Public Comments from Celebrate West Greenwich Day (for Planning Board review at the December 21, 2015 meeting)
- Review of existing Natural Resources Chapter
- Review of existing (Open Space and) Recreation Chapter
- Review of existing Housing Chapter and Affordable Housing Plan
- West Greenwich Comprehensive Plan Update Working Outline/Table of Contents
- RI Statewide Planning Technical Paper 162: Rhode Island Population Projections 2010-2040