Tax books can be purchased $4 each, in the Tax Collectors office.
Tax bills are mailed in July
Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse the nonpayment of the tax or affect its validity or any proceedings for the collection thereof, according to Rhode Island General Laws, RIGL 44-7-7.
Payment due dates are: 8/31 - 11/30 - 2/28 or 29 - 5/31
- A fifteen (15) day grace period will immediately follow the last day of each installment period.
- There is an additional fee of twenty dollars ($20) every time a check is returned for insufficient funds.
To make tax payments online: www.RIeGov.com
- Scroll down to West Greenwich and click Town Hall.
- Your account number and PIN number are located on your tax bill.
- A 3% transaction fee will be applied to your credit card. There is a $2 minimum fee
Tax Sale: Tax sales are generally scheduled for June.