The Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Town in December 1995. It is long overdue for an update, which is required by the State every ten years.
The Planning Board has started the process for this important update. To find our new Comprehensive Plan Update webpage, click here.
Our existing plan is presented below.
The Comprehensive Plan is a long range policy guiding document addressing community needs for the following planning topics: (you can click on each topic for the current chapter* from the 1995 Plan, but the maps and many tables are not included)
- Natural and Cultural Resources (this is one chapter, but it is broken into two pdf documents, so be sure to click on each one!)
- Open Space and Recreation
- Circulation (here is Table 1, Roadway Inventory)
- Community Facilities and Public Services
- Economic Development
- Land Use (and Future Land Use Map)
Amendments: The plan has been amended a few times since it was adopted by the Town. These amendments are posted on the Future Land Use Map and text amendments are here:
- Exit 7 SMD (September 22, 2004, amended October 17, 2007)
- Affordable Housing (December 8, 2004) click here for West Greenwich Affordable Housing Plan
- Corporate Zoning District (May 10, 2006)
- Senior Residential Development goals (March 19, 2008)
These documents are provided on this website for information only and are not meant for any legal purposes. While they closely represent the official Comprehensive Plan, there may be inconsistencies, as the approved version is not available electronically. The official, approved Comprehensive Plan is available at the Town Hall.